Manchester United are ready to pay €80 million to secure the services of Real Madrid midfielder Casemiro, Spanish journalist Sergio Santos claims.
The Red Devils have entered a desperation phase in the transfer window, and they appear to be looking at various targets to bolster the first-team squad.
On Tuesday, United were linked with a shock approach for Casemiro, and it is now reported that they are determined to sign him from the European champions.
The Red Devils are willing to pay €80m for the Brazil international and on top of this, they are prepared to double his current wages.
Casemiro, who is said to be displeased with some of Los Blancos’ decisions, is thinking about the move.
Man Utd may need to pay premium price for Casemiro
Casemiro is currently 30 years of age, but he continues to remain one of the best holding midfielders in world football.
With just over two weeks of the transfer window left, Madrid are unlikely to sanction his sale unless they receive a significant offer.
Earlier yesterday, it was reported that United were weighing up a €59m bid, but we won’t be surprised if Madrid are eyeing €80m.
The fee is definitely over the odds, but United will be getting a midfielder that has fared excellently as the lone number six at Madrid.
In the last La Liga season, he won 2.5 tackles, 1.2 interceptions per game while making 1.8 clearances and winning over three aerial duels.
He also completed 86% of his passes. Hence, there are basically no weaknesses for the Brazilian, who would be a top signing for United.
Madrid recently signed Aurelien Tchouameni from AS Monaco while Eduardo Camavinga was recruited from Rennes just 12 months ago.
Both are defensive midfielders and Casemiro could be tempted to join United as he may not have a long-term future ahead with Madrid.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com and WhoScored.com
- Kim Min-jae remains Man Utd’s top centre-back target, verbal offer already made
- Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea ready to snub Saudi Pro League offer for Old Trafford stay
- Man Utd target Benjamin Pavard allowed to leave Bayern immediately, price tag revealed
- AS Monaco centre-back Axel Disasi one step away from joining Manchester United
- Manchester United want €20m for Anthony Elanga as RB Leipzig open talks
- Tottenham and West Ham offered chance to sign Man Utd captain Harry Maguire
- Sheikh Jassim submits fifth bid for Manchester United
- Man United monitoring Ligue 1 if they fail to land Min-jae with Maguire due to discuss his future with Ten Hag next week
- ‘Very soon’: Man Utd could move forward with bid for Porto goalkeeper Diogo Costa
- Napoli star Kim Min-jae already home with suitcases ‘ready to go to Man Utd’