Manchester United are ready to move for Dusan Vlahovic this summer if Juventus are forced into downsizing their squad, Calciomercato.it report.
The Red Devils have made good progress under manager Erik ten Hag this campaign and they recently ended a six-year trophy drought by winning the Carabao Cup.
The club will be eyeing more trophies before the end of the season but regardless of this, a new striker should be a top priority for this summer’s transfer window.
Juventus’ Vlahovic has been linked in recent months and it is now claimed that the Red Devils are ‘ready to attack’ for the Serbian if the Bianconeri are forced to cash in.
The Turin giants were recently docked 15 points over a breach of financial dealings but they are likely to appeal the decision between now and the end of the campaign.
If they are unsuccessful, they could miss out on next season’s Champions League via a top-four Serie A finish. They may have to win the Europa League to make the competition.
United need a marquee striker this summer
Marcus Rashford has been in extraordinary form for United this season. The England international has bagged 25 goals so far but United still require a specialist striker.
As Sir Alex Ferguson said, Rashford is a left winger by trade and the club need to invest on a new centre-forward. Vlahovic is an option but there are better choices at the moment.
The Serbian has had a difficult season with injuries but has still bagged 10 goals and four assists from 23 outings. In our view, United need to carefully assess his fitness.
Juventus reportedly value Vlahovic at £89 million and that would be a huge outlay for a striker, who has not hit the heights from his final 12 months at Fiorentina.
Napoli’s Victor Osimhen and Benfica’s Goncalo Ramos are far better striker choices for United.
Osimhen and Ramos have scored 21 goals apiece this season. The former has achieved that tally despite spending a month on the sidelines between September and October.
Both players will cost a higher fee for the Red Devils this summer but either would be a fantastic acquisition compared to Vlahovic, who has had a sketchy fitness record.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Erik ten Hag has given go-ahead to sign Goncalo Ramos from Benfica
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag ‘concerned’ about Newcastle time-wasting
- Man Utd ‘first on the list’ for Ansu Fati, Jorge Mendes working on summer deal
- Erik ten Hag confirms double Man Utd injury boost ahead of Newcastle clash
- Man Utd defender Luke Shaw agrees fresh four-year contract
- Sheikh Jassim believes new Owners’ and Directors’ Test will not affect his Man United takeover
- Erik ten Hag to make decision on futures of Scott McTominay and Victor Lindelof
- Manchester United’s debt rises to almost £1 billion
- Erik ten Hag wants Andre Onana to provide competition to David de Gea next season
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups