Manchester United are ready to make the next step for Youssoufa Moukoko amid his contract stand-off at Borussia Dortmund, reputed journalist Florian Plettenberg claims.
The 18-year-old is regarded as one of the best young strikers in world football and he has been hugely impressive this term with six goals and six assists for Dortmund.
However, the teenager could pursue a new challenge soon, having yet to accept fresh contract terms with Dortmund beyond June 2023. He has rejected their latest proposal.
Plettenberg has now revealed that Chelsea and other top clubs are ready to make the next step if Moukoko opts to leave. He added that United have scouted him and are monitoring him too.
United must sign Moukoko ahead of Chelsea
Moukoko has had a superb breakthrough season at Dortmund with 12 goal involvements. Aside from this, he has also impressed with his dribbling and defensive work rate.
The German has the potential to become a world-class player in future and United must not let Chelsea secure his services on a free transfer at the end of the campaign.
The London outfit are now on the trail of Moukoko and United must act quickly in January in order to secure a pre-contract agreement with the €30 million-rated starlet.
The Red Devils could also attempt to land him for a knockdown fee in January, but Dortmund may resist his sale. He could be key to their Champions League qualification.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game after fresh injury blow