Manchester United are expected to sign a new centre-back before the start of the 2018-19 Premier League season in little more than three weeks’ time.
We have been strongly linked with AC Milan’s Leonardo Bonucci in recent weeks and may have received news that he could be about to depart the San Siro.
The 31-year-old only joined the Italian giants last summer but a two-year expulsion from European football and the club needing to raise £75 million before the end of this transfer window have sparked rumours that Bonucci could be on his way out of Milan.
Italian sports channel Sky Sport 24 (via TeamTalk) are now reporting that Leonardo Bonucci has handed in his transfer request at AC Milan, suggesting he may be wanting to force through a transfer to Manchester United, or any other club.
It was also reported in Italy earlier this week that we are readying a €32 million (£28.3m) bid for the centre-back.
Leonardo Bonucci’s desire to leave AC Milan is due to interest from Manchester United and Paris Saint-Germain according to the report. We are still waiting for a response from the Italian giants.
He has been one of the best centre-backs in Europe over the past decade, which includes winning six Serie A titles with Juventus before heading to their rivals last summer.
We shall have to wait and see how things develop over the coming days or weeks but there’s no doubt that Leonardo Bonucci would be an excellent solution for us at centre-back if we could agree a deal with both the club and player.
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe now seriously considering buying minority Manchester United stake
- Erik ten Hag can finally unleash his best attack against Galatasaray tonight
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Galatasaray, Hannibal Mejbri returns
- Why Man Utd should sign Antonio Silva instead of Jean-Clair Todibo
- David de Gea sends message to Manchester United defender Lisandro Martinez as Argentine is ruled out for months
- Man Utd missing eight players for Galatasaray clash as Lisandro Martinez’s surgery is confirmed
- Boost for Man Utd with Hakim Ziyech missing from Galatasaray’s travelling squad
- Kobbie Mainoo returns to Manchester United training after picking up injury in pre-season
- Dermot Gallagher: Officials made right decision not to award Manchester United penalty against Crystal Palace after ball struck Joel Ward’s arm
- Erik ten Hag confirms Antony will be in consideration for Galatasaray clash