Manchester United are ready to hand a £10 million pay-off to Harry Maguire ahead of his possible move to West Ham United this summer.
Maguire has been a fringe player under manager Erik ten Hag this term. He made just eight starts in the recently-concluded Premier League season.
The centre-back currently has two years remaining on his current £190,000-a-week deal. He could only earn half of the salary, should he leave United.
It is reported that the Red Devils will hand a £10m pay-off to facilitate his transfer which could be to another Premier League club this summer.
United currently value Maguire at around £30m and ESPN report that the club anticipate interest from West Ham United in the next few weeks.
The Hammers made an enquiry for the club captain earlier in January but manager Erik ten Hag was reluctant to lose one of his main defenders.
Man Utd should part ways with Maguire
Maguire has struggled to impress under Ten Hag this term. He had a dismal start to the campaign and was dropped to the bench after just two league games.
The former Leicester City man has occasionally made starts for the Red Devils over the course of the season but his performances have not unconvincing.
Hence, the club must part ways with Maguire in the next transfer window. The club should use the funds recouped for the purchase of a young replacement.
Meanwhile, a move to the London Stadium could be a good choice for Maguire. The Hammers play with a low defensive block which would suit the Englishman.
Maguire has looked vulnerable with United’s playing style. He could be more suited for David Moyes as winning aerial duels and making clearances are his strengths.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- 3 goals in last 4 meetings – Man Utd must be wary of Wilfried Zaha threat on Tuesday
- Barcelona manager Xavi picks Marcus Rashford as one of the most difficult players to stop
- Man Utd suffer big blow with Lisandro Martinez requiring fresh metatarsal surgery
- Man Utd interested in Bayern Munich centre-back Matthijs de Ligt
- Alejandro Garnacho should start against Galatasaray in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag speaks on Marcus Rashford’s form after Crystal Palace loss
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return