Manchester United are ready to cut their losses on Anthony Martial when the transfer window reopens at the beginning of 2024.
The Frenchman is currently in his ninth season with the Red Devils but he faces an uncertain future with his contract expiring next summer.
There is an option to extend his £250,000-a-week deal for another 12 months, but United are unsure whether to do so amid his form.
It is now reported by TalkSPORT that United are actively looking for ways to offload Martial during the January transfer window.
The Red Devils are prepared to accept a minimal fee for the 27-year-old, who arrived from Monaco in a deal rising to £58 million.
United may have plans to sign another young striker
Martial had an injury-plagued 2022/23 campaign with the Red Devils. He missed a staggering 29 games for the club in all competitions.
Due to his unreliability, United spent big on young striker Rasmus Hojlund over the summer. The Dane is now an undisputed starter up front.
Martial is currently the back-up striker in the squad and United may not want to extend his current deal, considering his poor injury record.
If United manage to part ways with him in January, they could pursue another young centre-forward with the investment coming their way.
Hence, we won’t be surprised to see mid-season investment. In our view, United could consider a move for Santos striker Marcos Leonardo.
The young Brazilian has been on their radar since the summer and it has been reported that they could attempt to sign him in the New Year.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com & Capology.com
- Erik ten Hag must pair Sofyan Amrabat with Kobbie Mainoo in midfield vs Bayern
- ‘3-0 looks like a good result’: Gary Neville reacts after Man Utd’s loss to Bournemouth
- Manchester United eyeing RB Leipzig forward Lois Openda ahead of January transfer window
- Erik ten Hag must start Raphael Varane in must-win UCL game vs Bayern
- Manchester United monitoring Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of potential move, Erik ten Hag a huge fan
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action