Manchester United are prepared to move for Fiorentina midfielder Sofyan Amrabat after purchasing Inter Milan goalkeeper Andre Onana, Gazzetta dello Sport claim (page 16).
Earlier today, United confirmed their second signing of the summer with Onana arriving from Inter. He has signed a five-year deal with an option for another year.
Gazzetta dello Sport now claim that the club could turn their attention to Amrabat, who has made the decision to leave Fiorentina in the current transfer window.
The Serie A outfit are willing to consider his exit for €25-30 million. The Red Devils are currently the club ‘ready to attack’ for the signature of the Morocco international.
As things stand, Amrabat has to report for training with Fiorentina from Monday, but there is optimism that United could secure a deal to sign him within the ‘next few days’.
Amrabat would be a fantastic acquisition
United have already bolstered their midfield department with Mason Mount from Chelsea. The 24-year-old should be a regular starter from the number eight role.
Likewise, Casemiro should be the first-choice for the defensive midfield position, but manager Erik ten Hag may want strong competition for places next season.
The likes of Scott McTominay and Fred have been inconsistent in the role. The arrival of Amrabat would provide Ten Hag with an upgrade with his better attributes.
Amrabat is quite different from Casemiro, who likes to engage in tackles, but he possesses a tireless work rate and prefers to control proceedings with his passing.
Last season, he had a pass accuracy of 90 per cent in Serie A, winning 1.3 tackles and 3.1 duels per game. He lost possession on just seven occasions per outing.
Amrabat may not be an assured starter under Ten Hag, but could be used in a rotational role.
Against the likes of Manchester City and Liverpool, the 26-year-old could be deployed in the centre of the park due to his strong distribution and ball control.
It may not be hard to convince him to join United, considering he has a strong relationship with Ten Hag, who handed him his first-team breakthrough at Utrecht.
Stats from Sofascore.com
- ‘If you are good enough, you are old enough’: Erik ten Hag says Kobbie Mainoo is ready to face Galatasaray
- Valencia and Real Sociedad eyeing potential summer move for Manchester United forward Mason Greenwood
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause
- Preview: Galatasaray vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Sofyan Amrabat’s future at United no longer obvious with Kobbie Mainoo’s emergence
- Man United interested in Leipzig striker Timo Werner
- Stats show Harry Maguire has fared better than Arsenal star William Saliba in defensive actions