Manchester United have reached an agreement with Crystal Palace for the permanent sale of Dean Henderson, according to reputed journalist Fabrizio Romano.
Henderson’s future has been constantly speculated throughout the summer, and the Red Devils have finally agreed to sanction his departure on a permanent basis.
A fee of £20 million with add-ons has been finalised with the Eagles. The south London outfit have also accepted to include a sell-on clause as part of the transfer deal.
The United graduate will undergo a medical with Roy Hodgson’s side today. The Red Devils are expected to sign Fenerbahce’s Altay Bayindir as his replacement soon.
United have made the right decision with Henderson
The 26-year-old spent the previous campaign on loan with Nottingham Forest, and he made it clear that he wanted regular playing time during the prime of his career.
Henderson was an unused substitute in United’s first three Premier League games this season, but it was always anticipated that he would leave the club before the deadline.
Nottingham Forest were much fancied to re-sign him, but they cooled their interest after landing Matt Turner. Henderson now has the opportunity to play for another club.
Palace currently have Sam Johnstone as their number one, but Henderson is likely to replace him between the sticks. Johnstone could make the move to Wolverhampton Wanderers.
Meanwhile, Bayindir is set to become Andre Onana’s deputy at United. The goalkeeper has already travelled to Manchester to complete the main part of his medical.
His arrival could be announced by the Red Devils as soon as Henderson heads for the exit door.
The 25-year-old should be a good buy for United. He is a modern goalkeeper similar to Onana and has impressed with his distribution and sweeper-keeper skills.
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action
- Picture: Man Utd defender returns to training but Lindelof out & Rashford doubtful
- Rising from the ashes – Manchester United’s spectacular November revival
- ‘An incredible, good player’: Erik ten Hag on Marcus Rashford ahead of Bournemouth game
- Borussia Dortmund want €30 million or Jadon Sancho as Manchester United eye Donyell Malen, talks scheduled for today
- Erik ten Hag turns down Manchester United players’ request for more days off after complaints over workload and scheduling