Manchester United have been alerted by the availability of Borussia Dortmund defender Marc Bartra as the German Bundesliga side are considering selling him.
The 27-year-old moved to Germany from Barcelona in a £7 million deal back in the summer of 2016 but has struggled to establish himself at Signal Iduna Park, making just 31 appearances in all competitions.
Bartra had been a first-choice defender for Borussia Dortmund earlier in the season but has not seen much playing time since the appointment of Peter Stoger as head coach last month.
With the Spaniard seemingly not in the coach’s plans, reports from Spanish newspaper Marca claim that Marc Bartra is now available for transfer.
As well as Manchester United, this news should also attract the attention of Juventus and Manchester City as well.
We were strongly linked with a move for the defender back in the summer though did end up signing Victor Lindelof from Benfica instead. With the Swedish defender struggling to adapt to English football we could certainly make a move for Bartra.
The report in Marca actually says Real Betis are in for the 27-year-old but they would be no competition for us should Jose Mourinho go in for the Spanish international.
We currently have a number of choices at centre-back but with the exception of Eric Bailly, the boss has never been settled on a partner for the Ivorian. Phil Jones, Chris Smalling, Lindelof, Marcos Rojo are also all at the club.
- Erik ten Hag can finally unleash his best attack against Galatasaray tonight
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Galatasaray, Hannibal Mejbri returns
- Why Man Utd should sign Antonio Silva instead of Jean-Clair Todibo
- David de Gea sends message to Manchester United defender Lisandro Martinez as Argentine is ruled out for months
- Man Utd missing eight players for Galatasaray clash as Lisandro Martinez’s surgery is confirmed
- Boost for Man Utd with Hakim Ziyech missing from Galatasaray’s travelling squad
- Kobbie Mainoo returns to Manchester United training after picking up injury in pre-season
- Dermot Gallagher: Officials made right decision not to award Manchester United penalty against Crystal Palace after ball struck Joel Ward’s arm
- Erik ten Hag confirms Antony will be in consideration for Galatasaray clash
- Three goals in last four meetings – Man Utd must be wary of Wilfried Zaha threat on Tuesday