Manchester United have been ‘pressing’ to sign Atalanta striker Rasmus Hojlund for a number of weeks, according to Corriere della Sera (Bergamo edition).
The Red Devils are on hunt for a new centre-forward, and Hojlund is one of the names on their radar.
It is now reported that United have been in negotiations for the Dane ‘for weeks’, and they have already failed with an opening bid worth €35m for his services.
Corriere della Serra believe the striker could be sold for €60m this summer, and they express their surprise over the €100m price tag in the British media last week.
The Italian outlet insist that it is ‘almost impossible’ for Atalanta to keep the 20-year-old starlet after they failed to qualify for next season’s Champions League.
United should be optimistic over Hojlund deal
Hojlund signed for Atalanta from Sturm Graz before the transfer deadline last summer. He managed 16 goals and seven assists from 42 appearances for both clubs.
The Denmark international has impressed with his strong physique, pace on the counter-attack and his finishing skills. He could be considered as a poacher in the box.
Hojlund has already been likened to Erling Braut Haaland and in our opinion, he has the potential to become a potent goalscorer in the one or two seasons’ time.
United seem keen on prising the striker away this summer, but won’t get him on the cheap. Atalanta could hold out for €60 million including add-ons for Hojlund.
The price tag seems on the higher side for a striker learning his trade, but United could reap rewards in the long run as the Dane could be a leading centre-forward.
We believe the club should target more than one striker. Benfica’s Goncalo Ramos could be United’s main striker with Hojlund providing good competition for him.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com & Sofascore.com
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action
- Picture: Man Utd defender returns to training but Lindelof out & Rashford doubtful
- Rising from the ashes – Manchester United’s spectacular November revival
- ‘An incredible, good player’: Erik ten Hag on Marcus Rashford ahead of Bournemouth game
- Borussia Dortmund want €30 million or Jadon Sancho as Manchester United eye Donyell Malen, talks scheduled for today
- Erik ten Hag turns down Manchester United players’ request for more days off after complaints over workload and scheduling