Manchester United are prepared to sell Jadon Sancho to the highest bidder during the January transfer window, according to Daily Star.
The England international is currently suspended by the club following his public outburst over Erik ten Hag’s comments following the Arsenal game.
Earlier this month, Ten Hag revealed that Sancho was dropped due to his poor attitude in training, but the attacker was not pleased with the reasoning.
He accused the manager of giving a false statement and making him a scapegoat. As a result, Sancho has been suspended from any first-team involvement.
Sancho’s return depends on a face-to-face apology to the manager but for now, he has no desire to do.
It is now reported that United would be willing to cut their losses on the £73 million signing as they look to get rid of him during the next transfer window.
They would be prepared to offload him to the highest bidder. Former club Borussia Dortmund have no plans of entering the pursuit of the 23-year-old.
Sancho still has time to revive United career
Sancho has endured a difficult time with United over the past three years. He was initially touted as the club’s permanent solution on the right side of the attack.
However, he barely impressed from the role. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer recently said that Sancho prefers the left wing, but he faces huge competition in the position.
Marcus Rashford is normally an undisputed starter on the left flank. With the emergence of Alejandro Garnacho, Sancho may struggle to break into the line-up.
United could experiment with him in the number 10 spot, but then again, he could be restricted to cameo roles as Bruno Fernandes is guaranteed to start as the captain.
We are not surprised that Sancho has grown frustrated, but venting his anger towards Ten Hag was the wrong thing to do. He still has time to apologise for his mistake.
If he shows no contrition, United could realistically offload him in January. They may have to accept a reduced sum with his lack of playing time and huge wages involved.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- ‘If you are good enough, you are old enough’: Erik ten Hag says Kobbie Mainoo is ready to face Galatasaray
- Valencia and Real Sociedad eyeing potential summer move for Manchester United forward Mason Greenwood
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause
- Preview: Galatasaray vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Sofyan Amrabat’s future at United no longer obvious with Kobbie Mainoo’s emergence
- Man United interested in Leipzig striker Timo Werner
- Stats show Harry Maguire has fared better than Arsenal star William Saliba in defensive actions