Manchester United confirmed the signing of Brazilian international Fred from Shakhtar Donetsk on Thursday.
We are expected to sign another central midfielder during the summer transfer window due to the retirement of Michael Carrick and the impending departure of Marouane Fellaini.
According to reports today, we are preparing to hijack Tottenham Hotspur’s attempts to sign midfielder Tanguy NDombele from Lyon this summer.
The 21-year-old had a standout season with Lyon this past campaign, making 50 appearances in all competitions and helping the side clinch a Champions League place for next season.
NDombele is actually on loan from Amiens but Lyon are keen to trigger a £7 million agreement to make the deal permanent this summer.
And according to a report from France (via Team Talk), the French side could make a significant profit from him immediately as they are claiming we are ready to make an offer for the player.
Earlier this week Sky Sports reported that Spurs had expressed an interest in signing the same player as Mauricio Pochettino is keen to have a replacement for Mousa Dembele should he leave North London during this transfer window.
Team Talk value the player at €50 million (£44m) for the youngster; a similar price to what we have reportedly just paid for Fred.
Tanguy NDombele works hard in midfield, both on and off the ball. He is strong in the tackle and wins the ball back for his side several times a game. The central midfielder also recorded six assists in Ligue 1 this past season, and is also a good dribbler as well as passer of the ball.
- Erik ten Hag can finally unleash his best attack against Galatasaray tonight
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Galatasaray, Hannibal Mejbri returns
- Why Man Utd should sign Antonio Silva instead of Jean-Clair Todibo
- David de Gea sends message to Manchester United defender Lisandro Martinez as Argentine is ruled out for months
- Man Utd missing eight players for Galatasaray clash as Lisandro Martinez’s surgery is confirmed
- Boost for Man Utd with Hakim Ziyech missing from Galatasaray’s travelling squad
- Kobbie Mainoo returns to Manchester United training after picking up injury in pre-season
- Dermot Gallagher: Officials made right decision not to award Manchester United penalty against Crystal Palace after ball struck Joel Ward’s arm
- Erik ten Hag confirms Antony will be in consideration for Galatasaray clash
- Three goals in last four meetings – Man Utd must be wary of Wilfried Zaha threat on Tuesday