Manchester United are expected to be busy during this summer’s transfer window with several players expected to be both leaving and joining the club.
The defence is likely to be one of Jose Mourinho’s priorities with several fringe players being linked with a move away from Old Trafford in recent months.
One of those is Italian full-back Matteo Darmian, who has only featured twice in 2018 – an FA Cup win over League Two side Yeovil Town, and a last minute substitute appearance against Liverpool.
Italian newspaper Tuttosport are reporting that the 28-year-old has said ‘yes’ to a move to runaway Serie A leaders Juventus.
One would expect that to be the case if Juventus are keen on the Italian international. He appears not to have a future at Manchester United and the Old Lady are the team to play for in Italy if you want to win silverware.
Tuttosport go on to say that Juventus are ‘very close’ to signing Matteo Darmian from us and that the two clubs just need to agree on a price for a deal to go ahead.
Louis van Gaal signed Matteo Darmian in the summer of 2015 and the 36-time Italy international was a regular in our starting XI that season. However, the former Torino man has only made 17 Premier League starts in nearly two seasons under Jose Mourinho and only two this season, as he appears set to leave over the summer.
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Garnacho starts
- Alejandro Garnacho’s market value skyrockets but Man Utd unlikely to cash in on prodigious forward
- Manchester United midfielder Sofyan Amrabat was hours away from joining Liverpool this summer, set to join Sports Entertainment Group
- Jadon Sancho deactivates Instagram account following exile from Man United facilities
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe restructuring his offer to buy Man Utd
- Phil Jones studying to become a sports director and doing his coaching badges with Manchester United
- Jorge Mendes spoke to Man Utd regarding Joao Felix before Barcelona move
- Alejandro Garnacho has big point to prove vs Crystal Palace tonight
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Garnacho starts
- Man Utd watching Javi Guerra every game, classify him as a top player