Manchester United could make a fresh attempt to land Atletico Madrid attacker Joao Felix this summer, according to Mundo Deportivo.
The Red Devils tried to sign the Portuguese on a short-term loan in January but they were beaten to his services by Chelsea, who agreed to meet Atletico’s demands.
Felix has yet to make a big impression for the Blues but it is reported that United remain interested in signing the 23-year-old at the end of the campaign.
The Red Devils see Felix as a potential ‘cornerstone’ in Erik ten Hag’s rebuild and could be looking for a ‘favourable deal’ from the Spanish outfit this summer.
Atletico currently value Felix at €140 million but Mundo Deportivo report that they may have to accept around €100m to finalise his permanent departure.
Joao Felix to Man Utd is clearly agent-driven
United were heavily linked with Felix last winter but it was quite clear that they did not want to pay the €11 million loan fee to sign him from Atletico.
The Portuguese has since struggled to impress at Chelsea. He has just two goals from nine appearances and has been guilty of missing clear-cut chances.
In our view, United should not spend €100m on Felix, who has failed to live up to the high expectations.
His agent Jorge Mendes is obviously trying to drum up the interest and we won’t be surprised if Chelsea decide against pursuing a permanent deal for him.
United’s main priority for the summer should be a marquee striker. In our view, Benfica’s Goncalo Ramos could be the perfect acquisition with his immense potential.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Kim Min-jae remains Man Utd’s top centre-back target, verbal offer already made
- Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea ready to snub Saudi Pro League offer for Old Trafford stay
- Man Utd target Benjamin Pavard allowed to leave Bayern immediately, price tag revealed
- AS Monaco centre-back Axel Disasi one step away from joining Manchester United
- Manchester United want €20m for Anthony Elanga as RB Leipzig open talks
- Tottenham and West Ham offered chance to sign Man Utd captain Harry Maguire
- Sheikh Jassim submits fifth bid for Manchester United
- Man United monitoring Ligue 1 if they fail to land Min-jae with Maguire due to discuss his future with Ten Hag next week
- ‘Very soon’: Man Utd could move forward with bid for Porto goalkeeper Diogo Costa
- Napoli star Kim Min-jae already home with suitcases ‘ready to go to Man Utd’