Manchester United are planning a fresh bid for Inter Milan goalkeeper Andre Onana in the next few days, according to Sky Sport Italy.
The Red Devils have already made two verbal offers for the Cameroonian star. They recently proposed to pay €45 million including add-ons for Onana, but the offer was rejected.
Sky Sport Italy (via Daniele Mari) now report United are weighing up a third bid of €52m for the 27-year-old. The Nerazzurri continue to ask for €60m for their prized asset.
United getting closer to Andre Onana deal
The Red Devils are working on a limited budget this summer, and they are reluctant to overpay for any player. They are keen to avoid the mistake made during last summer’s transfer window.
The club could have signed Antony for around €60m in early July, but ended up paying €100m before the transfer deadline. The Brazilian is a quality player, but Ajax took advantage of United’s situation.
Hence, we are not surprised that United are negotiating hard for Onana, who called time on his international career last year after 34 caps.
They recently signed Mason Mount from Chelsea with difficult add-ons. They would only be paid if Mount wins multiple major trophies, and plays a high percentage of the relevant matches.
In our view, the club should propose something similar to Inter. United’s upcoming offer is not far from Inter’s asking price, but we won’t be surprised if the Nerazzurri hold out for a higher sum.
The San Siro outfit are aware that Onana is United’s top goalkeeper target, and will be aiming to secure the best deal possible. They could use most of the funds to re-sign Chelsea’s Romelu Lukaku.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Erik ten Hag must pair Sofyan Amrabat with Kobbie Mainoo in midfield vs Bayern
- ‘3-0 looks like a good result’: Gary Neville reacts after Man Utd’s loss to Bournemouth
- Manchester United eyeing RB Leipzig forward Lois Openda ahead of January transfer window
- Erik ten Hag must start Raphael Varane in must-win UCL game vs Bayern
- Manchester United monitoring Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of potential move, Erik ten Hag a huge fan
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action