Manchester United have offered Jadon Sancho and Antony to Saudi Pro League clubs as they look to recoup £100 million this summer, according to Standard Sport.
The Red Devils recently sanctioned a loan deal for Sancho to Borussia Dortmund, but they are expected to offload him permanently at the end of the campaign.
Sancho was on the radar of Saudi outfit Al-Ettifaq last summer, but Steve Gerrard’s side were reluctant to sign him on loan with an obligation to buy for £50m.
It is now reported that the attacker has been offered to clubs in the Saudi Pro League. United are still aiming to recoup £50m of the £73m fee paid to Dortmund in 2021.
Meanwhile, Antony is another candidate who is likely to be shown the exit door, having failed to make a significant impact since his switch from Ajax last season.
The Brazilian star was signed for a hefty £86m from the Dutch giants. Similar to Sancho, United are aiming to secure at least £50m from Saudi teams this summer.
Sancho and Antony could be set for permanent exits
Sancho went out-of-favour with United manager Erik ten Hag after his public outburst back in September.
His refusal to apologise saw him suspended from the first-team squad and he may have played his final game for United irrespective of who manages the club in future.
Hence, we won’t be surprised if he heads for the exit door on a permanent basis. Dortmund could attempt to sign him permanently, but may not pay the required fee.
With Sancho being one of the highest earners in the Premier League, it seems more likely that he could end up in Saudi Arabia where his salary could be easily matched.
Antony has also been disappointing since his big-money move from Amsterdam. He has registered just eight goals and three assists from 66 appearances for United.
He has yet to make a single goal contribution this term and is no longer an assured starter with Alejandro Garnacho grabbing the chance to impress from the right wing.
United are likely to cut their losses on him this summer unless there is a drastic upturn in his form.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game after fresh injury blow