Manchester United have opened the possibility of selling Jadon Sancho following another frustrating campaign, according to Daily Mail.
The England international joined the Red Devils from Borussia Dortmund for £73 million in 2021. He was one of the best wingers in Bundesliga.
However, he has since struggled to replicate the showing at United. Sancho has just 12 goals and six assists from 79 games for the club.
It is now reported that United are not looking to force Sancho out of the club, but they are open to listening to offers of around £45m.
If Sancho were to head for the exit door, the Red Devils are clear that they would need to fill the void with the purchase of another wide player.
United aiming to recoup transfer funds
United boss Erik ten Hag has been allocated with a pre-sales budget of £120m. He needs player sales in the coming weeks to increase the transfer kitty.
The club need a high-profile sale to recoup more than £100m this summer. This raises the possibility of Sancho being sold if he is prepared for a new challenge.
The 23-year-old was brilliant at Dortmund with 114 goal contributions in 137 outings, but has managed only 18 goal involvements in 79 games for United.
The club seem prepared to cut their losses on Sancho but in our view, manager Erik ten Hag could decide to keep him for another season to prove his worth.
Sancho looked composed with his distribution after a special training programme in the Netherlands, and next campaign could be a make-or-break for him.
With the presence of Marcus Rashford, Antony and Alejandro Garnacho, Sancho faces a huge challenge on his hands to stake claim for a regular starting role.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Erik ten Hag must pair Sofyan Amrabat with Kobbie Mainoo in midfield vs Bayern
- ‘3-0 looks like a good result’: Gary Neville reacts after Man Utd’s loss to Bournemouth
- Manchester United eyeing RB Leipzig forward Lois Openda ahead of January transfer window
- Erik ten Hag must start Raphael Varane in must-win UCL game vs Bayern
- Manchester United monitoring Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of potential move, Erik ten Hag a huge fan
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action