Manchester United are open minded over Aaron Wan-Bissaka’s short-term future amid interest from Crystal Palace, Sky Sports report.
The right-back fell down the pecking order during the back end of the previous campaign with Diogo Dalot getting the regular nod in the starting line-up under interim boss Ralf Rangnick.
It has continued to be the case under manager Erik ten Hag during pre-season, and there have been suggestions that United want to shift Wan-Bissaka before landing a new right-back.
As per Sky Sports, Crystal Palace are interested in signing their former graduate on a season-long loan.
United are ‘open minded’ over Wan-Bissaka’s short-term future. While they have not ruled out keeping him, the club are also mindful over what could be best for the defender this season.
United could sanction Wan-Bissaka’s loan exit if proper replacement is found
Wan-Bissaka has excellent defensive qualities, and he continues to remain one of the best tacklers in the Premier League. However, he has a potential weakness when it comes to attacking play.
The 24-year-old struggles to make quality long passes from his role while he has also been unable to provide quality crosses into the box after overlapping opposition defenders on the right flank.
On the other hand, Dalot has been able to impress in both of those aspects. The Portuguese is expected to start tomorrow, but Ten Hag may still want a new signing, who can make goal contributions.
Dalot was impressive during the recent pre-season campaign, but it should still be remembered that neither him nor Wan-Bissaka managed to contribute a goal or an assist during the past season.
The £50 million signing was once praised as a world-beater in his position by Jamie Carragher after his stunning display against Raheem Sterling. He won almost every duel against the England international.
Wan-Bissaka can still produce similar displays for United, but he does not seem to fit Ten Hag’s set-up. The Dutch tactician places emphasis on attack-minded full-backs, who are solid defensively.
- Opinion: Glazers’ £17 million Adrien Rabiot transfer disaster-class highlights everything wrong at Manchester United
- Manchester United offered a chance to sign Alvaro Morata
- Manchester United pull out of Marko Arnautovic deal
- Man Utd register interest in Cody Gakpo, player keen on transfer
- Wes Brown impressed by Lisandro Martínez’s Manchester United debut
- Rio Ferdinand urges Man Utd to re-sign Danny Welbeck as back-up striker
- Manchester United now have great chance to sign ‘incredible’ Dan-Axel Zagadou for absolutely nothing
- Man Utd can sign Sergej Milinkovic-Savic for £50m this summer
- Manchester United handed another transfer blow as Benjamin Sesko’s future is decided
- Man Utd identify Guido Rodriguez as alternative to Adrien Rabiot