Manchester United are on the trail of Dusan Vlahovic, who is likely to be sold by Juventus this summer, according to Corriere dello Sport (Page 11).
The Red Devils are actively in the pursuit of a marquee striker, and they have been linked with a number of high-profile names including Vlahovic.
It is now reported that the Bianconeri are aiming to recoup €100-120 million from sales this summer, and Vlahovic is the first on their list to leave.
The Turin giants are looking for €80m to part ways with the former Fiorentina man.
United ‘are on the trail’ of the striker alongside the likes of Bayern Munich, Chelsea, Newcastle United, Paris Saint-Germain and Atletico Madrid.
Man Utd could consider Vlahovic move
The Red Devils currently have Harry Kane as their prime striker target, but a deal looks unlikely with Tottenham Hotspur unwilling to sell him to a direct Premier League rival.
This could force United to look at alternative transfer targets. Atalanta’s Rasmus Hojlund has been linked, but the Dane is fairly young and may not make an immediate impact.
In our view, the club should pursue two strikers in the summer. They should secure a deal for Hojlund alongside a more experienced marksman, who could be a regular starter.
Vlahovic has had a mixed spell with Juventus, but could be an option for the Red Devils.
The 23-year-old was outstanding in his final 12 months for Fiorentina where he scored almost 40 goals.
He has struggled to replicate the showing since his move to Turin in January last year. He has netted only 23 goals alongside six assists from 63 appearances across all competitions.
It is a decent record with a goal contribution in every other game, but much more is expected from him.
We believe Vlahovic could fare better with the more attack-minded system under manager Erik ten Hag next term. His positioning and finishing skills are his main strengths.
United were guilty of squandering several big chances in the box last term. There needs to be an improvement for the club to challenge for the Premier League title.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- ‘If you are good enough, you are old enough’: Erik ten Hag says Kobbie Mainoo is ready to face Galatasaray
- Valencia and Real Sociedad eyeing potential summer move for Manchester United forward Mason Greenwood
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause
- Preview: Galatasaray vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Sofyan Amrabat’s future at United no longer obvious with Kobbie Mainoo’s emergence
- Man United interested in Leipzig striker Timo Werner
- Stats show Harry Maguire has fared better than Arsenal star William Saliba in defensive actions