Manchester United and Manchester City are both considered to be the favourites to sign Arsenal contract rebel Alexis Sanchez.
We reported earlier today that City had prepared a monster offer for the Chilean superstar should he run out his contract in North London which expires this summer. Sanchez is currently in the final six months of his deal at the Emirates with no suggestions that he will extend his current deal.
As it stands Alexis Sanchez is free to discuss terms with a team abroad ahead of a potential free transfer move in the summer. However, English teams can only talk to the player once his contract is up or if Arsenal accept an offer.
If reports are accurate then Manchester City are yet to make an offer for the 29-year-old so far this month, whilst Italian journalist Gianluca Di Marzio is now reporting that we are set to take the lead in the chase for Alexis Sanchez by making an offer of £20 million plus Henrikh Mkhitaryan.
The deal would be a win for all parties involved – Alexis Sanchez would be leaving Arsenal, the club would be receiving money and a potential replacement who is currently out-of-favour under Jose Mourinho.
Henrikh Mkhitaryan has been given several opportunities by Jose but has never delivered since joining from Borussia Dortmund in the summer of 2016. It is widely-expected that the Armenian will either be sold this month or over the summer.
As well as Sanchez, Arsenal are expected to lose Mesut Ozil in the summer when his current contract is set to expire. If that’s the case then Arsene Wenger and co will surely be chomping at the bits to receive money and a ready made replacement for Sanchez.
Should Arsenal accept the offer from us then Manchester City would need to come up with an offer of their own for the North London club to accept otherwise they would lose out on Alexis Sanchez to Manchester United.
- Three goals in last four meetings – Man Utd must be wary of Wilfried Zaha threat on Tuesday
- Barcelona manager Xavi picks Marcus Rashford as one of the most difficult players to stop
- Man Utd suffer big blow with Lisandro Martinez requiring fresh metatarsal surgery
- Man Utd interested in Bayern Munich centre-back Matthijs de Ligt
- Alejandro Garnacho should start against Galatasaray in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag speaks on Marcus Rashford’s form after Crystal Palace loss
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return