Manchester United and Manchester City have been battling it out to sign Alexis Sanchez over the past number of months.
The Arsenal superstar is in the final six months of his current deal and is not prepared to sign a new deal at the Emirates. This has led to speculation that he will either be sold this month or walk away on a free transfer at the end of the season.
Several reports over the past month or so have suggested that the 29-year-old’s next destination will be one of the two Manchester clubs.
Over the past hour Manchester United have become odds on favourites to land the Chilean international after Sky Sports reported that Manchester City are prepared to walk away from any deal.
The report states that City are not prepared to pay Arsenal’s reported £35 million asking price this month. It is understood that the Premier League leaders were not willing to pay more than £20 million for Sanchez.
Should these reports be true then this gives us a great chance of landing Sanchez this month, providing we can agree to Arsenal’s demands.
Gunners boss Arsene Wenger seemed resigned to losing his star this month when speaking at his pre-match press conference earlier today. However, the French manager did not want to let the player go this month without having a replacement in place first.
Alexis Sanchez is now odds on at 4/6 to sign with Manchester United before the winter transfer window slams shut at the start of February.
Bayern Munich, Chelsea, Liverpool, Paris Saint-Germain and Real Madrid are all 33/1 to sign Alexis Sanchez, whilst he is 1/5 to leave Arsenal this month.
- Jadon Sancho reunion would be appealing for Borussia Dortmund but there are reservations
- Manchester United to assess fitness of three players ahead of their Premier League clash with Crystal Palace
- Daley Blind sends warning to Man Utd midfielder Donny van de Beek
- Man United plan contract talks for rising star Hannibal Mejbri
- Sofyan Amrabat only wanted Man Utd this summer, eyes permanent stay
- Roy Keane sends message to Jadon Sancho after Man Utd exile
- Manchester United’s under-21s suffer 8-1 thrashing against Bolton Wanderers
- Man Utd have fresh solution at left-back with Sofyan Amrabat
- Alejandro Garnacho reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s performance against Crystal Palace
- Casemiro delivers masterclass performance against Crystal Palace in Carabao Cup