Manchester United have nominated Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Bruno Fernandes, Casemiro and Marcus Rashford for their Player of the Month award for January.
The Red Devils have had an impressive run of results over the past few weeks. They are currently into the last four of the Carabao Cup and are overwhelming favourites to make the final.
The club have also made it to the fifth round of the FA Cup where they will be hosting West Ham United. Erik ten Hag’s side are also on course for a top-four Premier League finish.
There have been a number of stand-out performers this month. United have now picked Wan-Bissaka, Bruno Fernandes, Casemiro and Rashford as nominees for the January award.
Wan-Bissaka has been impressive since becoming a regular at right-back. He has vastly benefitted from the fact that Diogo Dalot has been on the sidelines, nursing a thigh injury.
The 25-year-old stood out with his Manchester derby display earlier this month and also made a stunning goal-saving tackle on Wilfried Zaha during the 1-1 draw at Crystal Palace.
Despite this, the accolade may most likely end up with Fernandes, Casemiro or Rashford.
Fernandes had a mixed first half to the season with United but he has found his mojo again. The Portuguese has registered three goals and three assists since the New Year.
Meanwhile, Casemiro has been one of the signings of the season. He scored with a superb volley at Bournemouth in early January before his match-winning brace against Reading last weekend.
Aside from his three goals, the Brazilian has two assists to his name. He should be a strong contender for the Player of the Month award, having already become a huge favourite among the fans.
Elsewhere, Rashford has been in the form of his life. He has bagged seven goals and two assists from just seven outings. The club graduate could win the award for the second straight month.
In our opinion, Casemiro and Rashford are front-runners for the monthly accolade. While Rashford has been in unstoppable scoring form, Casemiro could be rewarded by the fans this time around.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Elliott Investment Management submits offer for Man United minority stake
- Man Utd continuing attempts to agree new contracts with De Gea and Rashford
- Man Utd and Chelsea vying to sign Inter Milan goalkeeper Andre Onana
- With Paul Mitchell set to leave Monaco, Man Utd must beat Liverpool and sign him
- Cristiano Ronaldo opens up on his controversial Manchester United exit for the first time
- Tottenham Hotspur’s interest in Man United goalkeeper Dean Henderson could open talks for Harry Kane deal
- Manchester United in advanced talks to sign Watford left-back Harry Amass
- Man Utd star Christian Eriksen provides huge injury update on Instagram
- Behind only Arsenal, Man Utd have been fined six-figure sum for referee abuse
- Man Utd target Diogo Costa could be sold as Porto require €50m to balance their books