Borussia Dortmund will be inclined to accept Manchester United’s bid for Erling Braut Haaland as long as Donny van de Beek is part of the deal, say 90min.
Although Ole Gunnar Solskajer has Anthony Martial to fill in for Edinson Cavani, the Norwegian is looking for a more recognised striker to bolster his attacking options.
Haaland’s name features close to the top of United’s wishlist, but the Red Devils will have to overcome stiff competition to secure the youngster’s services.
Dortmund chiefs must be rubbing their hands ahead of the summer transfer window after dishing out only €20 million to capture the Norway international’s signature in January 2019.
A transfer tug-of-war is on the horizon, with Manchester City, Real Madrid, Barcelona and Juventus all in the running for the headline BVB performer.
However, Solskjaer may have an ace up his sleeve to test Borussia’s resolve.
According to 90min and quoted by the Daily Express, the Bundesliga giants could give United an upper hand over competition provided that Van de Beek was to arrive in return.
The Dutchman has had a rough time since swapping Ajax for Manchester last summer and could be on his way out at the end of the season.
The 23-year-old’s game time under Solskjaer has been at a premium, and a summer departure seems like a plausible solution.
Elsewhere, the Signal Iduna Park has proved to be a fertile ground for out-of-sorts talents.
Axel Witsel and Emre Can have undergone a renaissance since linking up with Dortmund and Van de Beek could be tempted into following in their footsteps.
United spent £40m to take the midfielder away from the Eredivisie and could now use him as a makeweight to bring Haaland’s £110m price tag down.
Solskjaer is not desperate to offload the Dutch starlet, but there is a genuine feeling that the split could benefit all parties involved.
- Predicted Man Utd line-up (4-3-1-2) vs Arsenal, Ronaldo and Maguire return
- Tactical Analysis: What Ralf Rangnick’s Manchester United could look like
- Mark Lawrenson states his prediction for Man Utd vs Arsenal
- Man Utd fans praise Fred’s midfield performance in Chelsea draw
- Mark Lawrenson states his prediction for Chelsea vs Man Utd
- Man Utd could be without seven players for Chelsea clash
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Chelsea
- ‘Carrick’s at the wheel’: Jamie Carragher aims dig at Rio Ferdinand after Man Utd beat Villarreal
- Man Utd fans hail David de Gea’s performance vs Villarreal
- Michael Carrick delivers verdict on Manchester United’s win over Villarreal