Manchester United need to part ways with Christian Eriksen who has become a weak link in the club’s midfield department this season.
The Dane joined the club on a free transfer from Brentford last term and he had a wonderful first half to the campaign before suffering an ankle injury.
Since his comeback, the former Inter Milan man has struggled to make regular goal contributions while he has also been unconvincing with his control.
This has been highlighted by The Athletic who reveal that the 31-year-old has the worst duel success rate among Premier League midfielders this term.
Eriksen has won just 32 per cent of his overall duels this season. The next worst in the squad is Rasmus Hojlund with 37 per cent, who is the main striker.
In our view, this is a genuine cause for concern for United.
There has been some criticism from fans towards Scott McTominay, but the Scot has won more than 50 per cent of his ground and aerial duels this campaign.
The United graduate has made five goal contributions in the league thus far. In comparison, Eriksen has had just two goal involvements in the top-flight season.
Looking at other statistics, Eriksen’s 1.38 tackles per 90 minutes, less than any other United midfielder while he has been dribbled past on 1.8 occasions – second worst to Casemiro.
While Casemiro has been able to make amends with tackles and ball recoveries, Eriksen lacks the same mobility and tends to be caught out of position in opposition counter-attacks.
It is clear that the Dane has become a weak link in the midfield department and needs to be replaced. United have a solution in the squad in Mason Mount but he has yet to make his mark.
The England star has had an injury-plagued debut season at the club and will be aiming to turnaround his fortunes with his anticipated comeback in the next couple of weeks.
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game after fresh injury blow