Manchester United will have to pay €100 million to land Eintracht Frankfurt striker Randal Kolo Muani this summer, according to L’Equipe.
The Red Devils are known to be admirers of the France international and they were linked with him following the World Cup break.
It is now reported that Eintracht are prepared to consider offers for the 24-year-old this summer but they are set to command a huge fee.
The Bundesliga outfit valued him at €80m before the World Cup but have now increased the valuation to €100m amid his exemplary form.
United face big striker decision this summer
United are likely to land a marquee striker during the summer transfer window. They have already been linked with some high-profile names.
Napoli’s Victor Osimhen is currently a target, but Muani could also be under consideration amid his outstanding performances this term.
Muani joined Eintracht on a free transfer last summer and he has since accumulated 12 goals and 13 assists from just 27 appearances.
He was also brilliant for France at the World Cup. He scored in the semi-final before winning a crucial penalty in the thrilling final against Argentina.
Bundesliga’s official website described him as an ‘assist king‘ earlier this season, but he has been in a rich vein of scoring form in the New Year.
In our view, Muani would be a quality acquisition for United. He is not a one-dimensional player and has the ability to create regular chances.
However, the price tag could be a potential stumbling block. We have already seen many Bundesliga stars struggle after Premier League moves.
United already have an example in the form of Jadon Sancho. The England star still has plenty of time on his hands to turnaround his fortunes.
Hence, the Red Devils could be wary of spending €100m on Muani and Eintracht will have to lower their price tag for a transfer to materialise.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Erik ten Hag has given go-ahead to sign Goncalo Ramos from Benfica
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag ‘concerned’ about Newcastle time-wasting
- Man Utd ‘first on the list’ for Ansu Fati, Jorge Mendes working on summer deal
- Erik ten Hag confirms double Man Utd injury boost ahead of Newcastle clash
- Man Utd defender Luke Shaw agrees fresh four-year contract
- Sheikh Jassim believes new Owners’ and Directors’ Test will not affect his Man United takeover
- Erik ten Hag to make decision on futures of Scott McTominay and Victor Lindelof
- Manchester United’s debt rises to almost £1 billion
- Erik ten Hag wants Andre Onana to provide competition to David de Gea next season
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups