Manchester United have to pay a fee between £87m and £104m to sign Napoli striker Victor Osimhen next summer, French journalist Ignazio Genuardi claims.
The Red Devils are currently looking to terminate the contract of Cristiano Ronaldo after his explosive interview with Piers Morgan. The Portuguese made disrespectful comments towards manager Erik ten Hag as well as the club’s owners.
The club are likely to pursue a low-cost replacement for Ronaldo in the coming transfer window and could wait until next summer to sign a marquee striker. Osimhen is on their radar and Genuardi claims that he would cost £87m-104m.
Osimhen would be an ideal signing for Erik ten Hag
Osimhen has had a top season for Napoli with 10 goals and three assists from 14 outings. He has been a key player for the Serie A outfit, who are aiming to lift the Scudetto after three decades.
Hence, a mid-season sale is completely out of the question. The club are likely to wait until next summer to consider offers, but it is quite clear that he will cost a premium fee.
United were willing to pay £87m to prise Antony away from Ajax earlier this term and they should be prepared to make a similar outlay on Osimhen, who will be in demand.
The 23-year-old is a modern striker, who likes to dribble and excels with his finishing. He is not the best in holding up play, but has a superb aerial presence in the box.
Erik ten Hag got the best out of a struggling Sebastien Haller at Ajax. Osimhen could be a perfect addition to the ranks as he enters the prime of his playing career.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Fabrizio Romano confirms Dean Henderson is close to Nottingham Forest transfer
- Victor Lindelof set to be offered fresh terms by Man Utd, Erik ten Hag wants to keep him
- Man Utd keeping tabs on Leon Goretzka amid Bayern’s pursuit of Declan Rice
- Man Utd step up interest in signing Atalanta sensation Rasmus Hojlund
- Glazers give green light to pursue deal for Chelsea star Mason Mount
- Man United keeping tabs on Chicago Fire midfielder Brian Gutierrez
- Jack Butland completes Rangers medical as Man United exit all but confirmed
- Kim Min-jae ready to say yes to Man Utd, €7m per year deal proposed
- Man Utd could return for Barcelona star Ansu Fati as Ten Hag eyes another left winger
- Man Utd closely following Sporting defender Goncalo Inacio