Manchester United must be proactive to beat Tottenham Hotspur to the signing of Juventus defender Gleison Bremer this summer.
The Brazilian is currently one of the best centre-backs in Serie A. He recently put pen-to-paper on a new long-term deal with Juventus.
This has not stopped speculation over his future. Gianluca Di Marzio recently said that United are planning a summer move for Bremer.
However, the Red Devils are not the only club in the pursuit. Fichajes have today claimed that Spurs are pushing to secure an early summer deal.
Spurs are ready to pay in excess of €50 million for the 26-year-old and in our opinion, United must avoid losing his services to the London outfit.
Bremer would be an ideal fit for Man Utd
United manager Erik ten Hag is eyeing a powerful centre-back with good ball-playing ability. Bremer would be the ‘ideal’ fit for the club this summer.
The former Torino man has played in the middle of a back three for Juventus this term. He has had a good passing accuracy of 86 per cent.
Defensively, he has been sublime with an average of 1.4 tackles, four clearances and 5.1 ball recoveries. He has also won five duels per outing.
Bremer’s physical and aerial presence would suit the demands of the Premier League and United must be pro-active to avoid losing him to Spurs.
He could, however, cost much more than €50m with Juventus said to value him at around €70m.
United have already taken steps to understand the willingness of the player. They could see him as a replacement for Raphael Varane this summer.
Varane’s €397,000-a-week contract concludes at the end of June. There are no plans to trigger his extension clause or propose a new deal as of now.
United may not afford Bremer until July due to FFP concerns, but a verbal agreement with the defender could give them an ascendancy in the race.
Stats from Sofascore.com & Capology.com
- Wayne Rooney says senior Man Utd players need to get Marcus Rashford fired up
- Amad Diallo reacts to Sofyan Amrabat’s performance as Manchester United book spot in FA Cup quarter-finals
- Alan Shearer reacts to Antony’s performance vs Nottingham Forest
- Diogo Dalot impresses for Man Utd in FA Cup win at Nottingham Forest
- Man United player ratings vs Nottingham Forest: Casemiro keeps silverware hopes alive for the Red Devils
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Nottingham Forest, Antony starts
- Former Manchester United ace John O’Shea assumes interim charge of Ireland
- Manchester United are keen on signing Ajax goalkeeper Diant Ramaj
- Man Utd are possible destination for Atalanta star Giorgio Scalvini
- Manchester United youngster Ethan Williams set to sign new contract