Manchester United must act fast in the pursuit of Chicago Fire wonderkid Jhon Duran amid fresh transfer interest from Portuguese side Benfica.
The 19-year-old striker signed for the Major League Soccer outfit from Envigado in January, and had a good debut season with eight goals and six assists from 30 outings.
The Primeira Liga outfit are known for luring some of the best emerging talents and last summer, they signed Enzo Fernandez from River Plate.
United were also interested in the Argentine sensation, but Benfica won the race for his services. It is a deal which the Red Devils will regret.
Fernandez has been brilliant for club and country this term. He was signed for just €12 million, but Benfica are now eyeing €120m for his future exit.
United are now keen on pursuing Duran from Chicago Fire, and in our view, they must make a serious effort to sign the highly-rated Colombian ace.
Aside from his goal involvements, Duran has impressed with his counter-attacking pace, aerial ability as well as his regular defensive contributions.
The youngster may not break into the United line-up from the off, but he could be nurtured into a top-class striker under manager Erik ten Hag.
After their summer failure on Fernandez, United should have learnt a good lesson and must not let Benfica have a free run at signing Duran in January.
He is currently valued between €10m to €15m, according to Record. Atletico Madrid and RB Salzburg are also said to be keeping tabs on the young striker.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- ‘He did magnificent’: Erik ten Hag praises Rasmus Hojlund’s impact in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag must start Aaron Wan-Bissaka to stop Man United’s old nemesis Wilfried Zaha
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Galatasaray, Hojlund returns
- ‘If they are good enough, they are old enough’: Erik ten Hag says Kobbie Mainoo is ready to face Galatasaray
- Valencia and Real Sociedad eyeing potential summer move for Manchester United forward Mason Greenwood
- Manchester United’s route to finishing in the top four
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause