Manchester United midfielder Donny van de Beek must leave the club in January if he continues to be ignored by manager Erik ten Hag after Christian Eriksen’s injury.
The Dane suffered a knee problem in the recent 1-0 Premier League win over Luton Town and the club have confirmed that he will be out of action for a month.
Alongside him, Casemiro is also on the sidelines with a hamstring issue. Ten Hag has already revealed that he won’t return to competitive action before Christmas.
Injuries for the duo could directly benefit Mason Mount and Sofyan Amrabat. The former will be aiming to get regular starts, having had a difficult start at United.
The England international was a regular starter at the beginning of the season before his hamstring injury. He has since made cameo appearances, but should now get his chance.
Meanwhile, United have a forgotten midfielder in the squad in Donny van de Beek, who has not even made the matchday squad in the last six games for the club.
The Dutchman was linked with a move away from Old Trafford last summer after returning from a knee injury. There were no strong proposals for him to consider.
The decision to stay has not proved worthwhile with just 21 minutes thus far. In our view, he should pack his bags and leave in January if he continues to be ignored.
Eriksen’s injury has opened up a spot in the matchday squad for Van de Beek. Being a creative central midfielder, he will be hoping for some minutes after the break.
If that is not the case, it looks illogical for him to continue with the club knowing that he has no future. A loan exit with a buy clause could be United’s best solution to offload him this winter.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Erik ten Hag must pair Sofyan Amrabat with Kobbie Mainoo in midfield vs Bayern
- ‘3-0 looks like a good result’: Gary Neville reacts after Man Utd’s loss to Bournemouth
- Manchester United eyeing RB Leipzig forward Lois Openda ahead of January transfer window
- Erik ten Hag must start Raphael Varane in must-win UCL game vs Bayern
- Manchester United monitoring Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of potential move, Erik ten Hag a huge fan
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action