Manchester United may have to pay over £400,000-a-week to prolong Marcus Rashford’s stay.
The England international has been in sensational form for the Red Devils this season, scoring 27 goals and providing nine assists from 44 appearances.
26 of those goal contributions have come since the World Cup and in our view, the 25-year-old is not far off from becoming a genuine world-class attacker.
Talks are currently ongoing with Rashford over a new contract beyond next summer, but it appears a deal may not be straightforward, as per The Athletic.
United have not taken ‘any major steps forward’ thus far and the hierarchy may have to make Rashford the club’s highest earner to commit him for the long-term.
Rashford reportedly turned down an offer of over £400,000-a-week (£21m per year) from Paris Saint-Germain last summer. He could expect something similar from United.
United must hand bumper contract to Rashford to keep him
Rashford had a dismal 2021/22 campaign with just eight goal involvements. Hence, his transformation has been quite outstanding under Ten Hag this season.
He has been the best performing forward across Europe’s top-five leagues this year and United may have to pay big money to ensure that he continues with the club.
Rashford reportedly turned down a 100 per cent hike on his current £200,000-a-week salary from PSG and this is probably the benchmark for future contract talks.
The ‘unstoppable‘ star may want at least £400,000 weekly to commit to the Red Devils knowing that the likes of Paris Saint-Germain and Real Madrid could pay him the figure.
In our view, United could eventually accept Rashford’s wage demands as they would not want to lose a player in the peak of his career to one of their main European rivals.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com and Capology.com
- Man Utd suffer big blow with Lisandro Martinez requiring fresh metatarsal surgery
- Man Utd interested in Bayern Munich centre-back Matthijs de Ligt
- Alejandro Garnacho should start against Galatasaray in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag speaks on Marcus Rashford’s form after Crystal Palace loss
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return
- Erik ten Hag reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s breakthrough at Man Utd
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund returns