Manchester United are unlikely to pursue a deal for Randal Kolo Muani with Eintracht Frankfurt refusing to budge on their transfer valuation, The Sun report.
The Red Devils are actively looking to sign a new centre-forward, and Muani is one of the players that has been regularly linked with a move to Old Trafford.
The 24-year-old was in brilliant form for the Bundesliga outfit last season with 23 goals and 17 assists.
It is now claimed by The Sun that Frankfurt are firm on their £86 million asking price for Muani, and United are not prepared to meet their transfer demands.
Muani would be a good acquisition for United
The Frenchman was a relatively unknown figure before he joined Frankfurt on a free transfer last summer.
Muani initially caught the eye with his creativity and assists, but managed to pick up his scoring form during the back end of the season for the German club.
He made a stunning 40 goal contributions, but also impressed with other key attributes. The 24-year-old was consistent with his work rate and high pressing.
The former Nantes man won an exceptional 6.8 duels per game alongside 2.2 take-ons. These are impressive statistics for someone leading the attack.
In our opinion, Muani would be a good acquisition for United up front, but there is a major hindrance with Frankfurt refusing to budge on their price tag.
With a limited budget of £120m, United are reluctant to pay the fee. The scenario could change later on in the window if they can recoup sufficient funds from player sales.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com & Sofascore.com
- Erik ten Hag must pair Sofyan Amrabat with Kobbie Mainoo in midfield vs Bayern
- ‘3-0 looks like a good result’: Gary Neville reacts after Man Utd’s loss to Bournemouth
- Manchester United eyeing RB Leipzig forward Lois Openda ahead of January transfer window
- Erik ten Hag must start Raphael Varane in must-win UCL game vs Bayern
- Manchester United monitoring Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of potential move, Erik ten Hag a huge fan
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action