Manchester United have been linked with a number of the top central midfielders in the world ahead of the opening of the summer transfer window.
This comes after Jose Mourinho has predominantly switched to a 4-3-3 formation since the arrival of Alexis Sanchez from Arsenal in January.
On top of that, Michael Carrick is set to retire in the summer and Marouane Fellaini is in the final three months of his contract at Old Trafford with no sign of the Belgium international putting pen to paper over a new deal.
Should the aforementioned duo leave before the start of next season it would leave only Paul Pogba, Nemanja Matic, Ander Herrera and Scott McTominay on our books to play in the centre of our midfield. Therefore you can expect Jose to invest in a centre midfielder or two over the summer.
The latest report is that we are pondering a move for Real Madrid’s Toni Kroos over the summer.
The Daily Mail are reporting that the German star is on our radar, despite being a regular in Zinedine Zidane’s midfield. However, the Spanish giants sit third in La Liga and are a whopping 15 points behind rivals Barcelona at the top. Having won it all in Madrid and with the money floating around the Premier League at the moment, Toni Kroos could certainly be persuaded to join Manchester United. Whether Real Madrid would accept a bid from us is another matter. However, the Daily Mail claim that Kroos is only valued around the £30 million mark, which if true, would be a steal in today’s market.
Toni Kroos has scored four goals and provided four assists in his 19 La Liga games for Real Madrid so far this season. He has never been a prolific goalscorer but he is excellent in possession and build up play. There is no doubt he would be very welcome at our club. He is without doubt one of the best midfielders in the game right now.
- Jadon Sancho reunion would be appealing for Borussia Dortmund but there are reservations
- Manchester United to assess fitness of three players ahead of their Premier League clash with Crystal Palace
- Daley Blind sends warning to Man Utd midfielder Donny van de Beek
- Man United plan contract talks for rising star Hannibal Mejbri
- Sofyan Amrabat only wanted Man Utd this summer, eyes permanent stay
- Roy Keane sends message to Jadon Sancho after Man Utd exile
- Manchester United’s under-21s suffer 8-1 thrashing against Bolton Wanderers
- Man Utd have fresh solution at left-back with Sofyan Amrabat
- Alejandro Garnacho reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s performance against Crystal Palace
- Casemiro delivers masterclass performance against Crystal Palace in Carabao Cup