Manchester United are in search for a new centre-back this summer as Jose Mourinho is keen to further upgrade our defence.
We had the second best defensive record in the Premier League last season and have already landed 19-year-old full-back Diogo Dalot from FC Porto.
However, Victor Lindelof failed to impress during his first season in England following last summer’s move from Benfica, and as a result Jose is on the search for another defender.
A number of names have been mentioned and the latest appears to be Internazionale’s Milan Skriniar.
Our interest appears to be concrete as the Mirror are reporting that we have made a £60 million offer to the Italian giants for the 23-year-old.
However, the report states that Inter have rejected the offer for their star centre-back.
Luciano Spalletti guided Inter to Champions League qualification with a dramatic 3-2 win at Lazio on the final day of last season to leapfrog the Rome side. Perhaps now they are looking to build a squad that could potentially compete with Juventus for the Serie A title.
The Slovakian international had a solid debut campaign at the San Siro following his move from fellow Serie A side Sampdoria last summer.
At 6′ 2” he is good at dealing with crosses and set pieces and can read the game very well.
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Garnacho starts
- Alejandro Garnacho’s market value skyrockets but Man Utd unlikely to cash in on prodigious forward
- Manchester United midfielder Sofyan Amrabat was hours away from joining Liverpool this summer, set to join Sports Entertainment Group
- Jadon Sancho deactivates Instagram account following exile from Man United facilities
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe restructuring his offer to buy Man Utd
- Phil Jones studying to become a sports director and doing his coaching badges with Manchester United
- Jorge Mendes spoke to Man Utd regarding Joao Felix before Barcelona move
- Alejandro Garnacho has big point to prove vs Crystal Palace tonight
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Garnacho starts
- Man Utd watching Javi Guerra every game, classify him as a top player