Manchester United are expected to be busy during this summer’s transfer window. So far we have landed full-back Diogo Dalot from FC Porto and Fred from Shakhtar Donetsk.
Michael Carrick’s retirement is the only senior to depart so far this summer, though Marouane Fellaini is expected to leave at the end of the month when his contract expires.
What comes with bringing players into the club, others have to depart. One player who has been widely linked with a move away from Old Trafford this summer is full-back Matteo Darmian.
The Italian international has struggled for game time in two seasons under Jose Mourinho and has been linked with a move to Juventus for several months now.
It appears a deal could be completed within 48 hours as Italian outlet TuttoSport (via Sport Witness) have claimed that the deal is 95% done.
This despite Juventus already signing Valencia right-back Joao Cancelo. However, the same Italian outlet believes that the Serie A champions still want to sign Darmian.
Tuttosport go on to say that Manchester United and Juventus will meet this Wednesday in which the two clubs are due to compromise over a fee for the 28-year-old. It is believed that we want €20 million for Darmian, whilst Juventus are only prepared to pay €12 million up front.
Matteo Darmian is heading into the final year of his contract at Manchester United which doesn’t put negotiations in our favour.
- Man Utd set to appoint Chris Armas as first-team coach under Ralf Rangnick
- Tactical Analysis: Hugely encouraging signs in Ralf Rangnick’s debut against Crystal Palace
- Man Utd fans delighted with Fred’s stand-out display against Crystal Palace
- Ralf Rangnick heaps praise on Fred and Scott McTominay after Crystal Palace win
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace
- Who will Rangnick target in the transfer window?
- Man Utd fans react to Fred’s performance vs Arsenal
- Michael Carrick leaves Manchester United in wake of Arsenal win
- Manchester United vs Arsenal 3-2: Cristiano Ronaldo saves the day again
- Michael Carrick provides fresh injury update on Raphael Varane