Manchester United and Liverpool are in talks with the representatives of Bayern Munich midfielder Ryan Gravenberch over a possible transfer, according to De Telegraaf.
The Netherlands international joined Bayern from Ajax during last summer’s transfer window. He had a difficult debut season with less than 600 minutes in the Bundesliga.
It is now reported that the 21-year-old is weighing up his options and would consider a move to the Premier League. United and Liverpool have contacted his management.
De Telegraaf claim that a loan deal is a possibility if Bayern are reluctant to sell him this summer.
United could pursue temporary move for Gravenberch
The Red Devils were interested in signing Gravenberch from Ajax last summer, but he chose to join Bayern. The move has not worked out for him so far.
Joshua Kimmich and Leon Goretzka are assured starters in midfield for Bayern while new signing Konrad Laimer is also ahead of the Dutchman in the pecking order.
Gravenberch is currently the second back-up midfield option in the squad, but Bayern could be reluctant to consider his exit with very less time left to sign a replacement.
If they were to change their stance, a loan deal could be a solution. United boss Erik ten Hag knows Gravenberch very well, having handed him his debut at Ajax.
While Liverpool are also interested in the £151,000-a-week star, the Red Devils should have a genuine advantage in the pursuit due to the presence of Ten Hag.
United are currently craving for a midfielder that can support Casemiro defensively. Gravenberch would be a quality signing. He should be familiar to the playing style.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com & Capology.com
- ‘If you are good enough, you are old enough’: Erik ten Hag says Kobbie Mainoo is ready to face Galatasaray
- Valencia and Real Sociedad eyeing potential summer move for Manchester United forward Mason Greenwood
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause
- Preview: Galatasaray vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Sofyan Amrabat’s future at United no longer obvious with Kobbie Mainoo’s emergence
- Man United interested in Leipzig striker Timo Werner
- Stats show Harry Maguire has fared better than Arsenal star William Saliba in defensive actions