Manchester United have been linked with a January move for Chelsea winger Hakim Ziyech, according to Calciomercato.
The Moroccan was considered as a potential target for manager Erik ten Hag during the summer transfer window, but the hierarchy decided against pursuing a deal.
Ziyech has since been a fringe player for the Blues in all competitions, and there are suggestions that he could leave the club on a permanent basis in the New Year.
AC Milan are known to be admirers of the former Ajax star, but Calciomercato report that United are in the ‘first place’ having ‘knocked on the door of Chelsea’ in recent days.
United’s interest in Ziyech could be agent-driven
Ten Hag was keen on a reunion with his former Ajax player in the summer, but the hierarchy did not want to sign him as he was only considered as a back-up option.
United are being linked with the 29-year-old again, but the speculation could be agent-driven to invite offers from elsewhere ahead of the winter transfer window.
The Red Devils currently have Antony as their specialist right winger and the likes of Jadon Sancho, Anthony Elanga and Facundo Pellistri can provide necessary back-up.
Sancho in particular has plenty to prove after falling down the pecking order. We simply don’t see the Red Devils looking into a deal for Ziyech at the turn of the year.
Meanwhile, it is also unlikely that Chelsea will sell the Moroccan forward to the Red Devils, given they are their direct rivals in the race for the Premier League top four.
Ziyech, who is currently valued at €17 million by Transfermarkt, will probably move to Serie A with Milan. The Rossoneri have been trying to sign him since the summer.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Man Utd suffer transfer blow as Joshua Zirkzee wants to stay in Serie A
- Man Utd set to battle it out with Tottenham to land Bayer Leverkusen star Odion Kossounou
- Jeremie Frimpong is the most serious target for Man Utd, impressed by his performances
- Ratcliffe outlines three-year plan to knock Man City and Liverpool off their perch
- Manchester United left-back Luke Shaw set to miss the rest of the season
- Is Ashford’s United Arrival Now Simply A Matter Of Time?
- Wayne Rooney identifies Manchester United’s biggest issue right now
- Manchester United invite Gary Neville to help regenerate Old Trafford and surrounding area
- Manchester United’s FA Cup chances – can Hojlund fire the Red Devils to a trophy this season?
- Jadon Sancho struggles in Dortmund’s Champions League draw against PSV