Manchester United have been linked to a number of players during the January transfer window, with the acquisition of Alexis Sanchez being the only incoming player so far.
Following the arrival of the Chilean forward we have been linked with a number of central midfielders. Yesterday we reported that we are interested in Valencia’s Carlos Soler and Borussia Dortmund’s Julian Weigl.
It appears Jose Mourinho wants to bolster our options in the middle of the park. We currently have Paul Pogba and Nemanja Matic who play there regularly but a new arrival could see the Portuguese coach move to a 4-3-3 formation on a more regular basis.
Ander Herrera has been linked with a move away from Old Trafford on several occasions, suggesting that he is not part of Jose’s long-term plans. Likewise, Marouane Fellaini has been strongly linked with his exit, and 36-year-old Michael Carrick is expected to leave at the end of the 2017-18 campaign when his contract expires.
Today the Sun believe we are leading Premier League rivals Chelsea and Liverpool in the race to sign £35 million-rated Nice midfielder Jean Seri.
The 26-year-old has emerged as one of the best all-round midfielders in France’s Ligue 1 since joining Nice in 2015. He scored seven goals and provided nine assists to help the club finish in a surprise third place last season.
Seri was linked with a number of clubs during last summer’s transfer window but a move failed to materialise. The Ivory Coast international has since gone about his business this season and continues to impress.
As a result, his future at Nice is in serious doubt. It doesn’t help the club that their star player only has 18 months left on his contract either. The box-to-box midfielder has also refused to sign an extension, meaning the club may be forced to sell him this month or in the summer to prevent losing Seri on a free transfer in 2019.
This news has attracted the attention of several top Premier League clubs with the Sun claiming that we are leading both Chelsea and Liverpool in the race for his signature. The report says that we could capture Seri either this month or in the summer.
Jean Seri’s release clause is set at a very affordable £35 million, according to the Mirror, which wouldn’t be a problem for any of the three English clubs mentioned.
We shall have to wait and see how things develop over the coming weeks but I think it would be another major coup if we were able to bring Jean Seri to Old Trafford for a mere £35 million.
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Garnacho starts
- Alejandro Garnacho’s market value skyrockets but Man Utd unlikely to cash in on prodigious forward
- Manchester United midfielder Sofyan Amrabat was hours away from joining Liverpool this summer, set to join Sports Entertainment Group
- Jadon Sancho deactivates Instagram account following exile from Man United facilities
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe restructuring his offer to buy Man Utd
- Phil Jones studying to become a sports director and doing his coaching badges with Manchester United
- Jorge Mendes spoke to Man Utd regarding Joao Felix before Barcelona move
- Alejandro Garnacho has big point to prove vs Crystal Palace tonight
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Garnacho starts
- Man Utd watching Javi Guerra every game, classify him as a top player