Manchester United are keeping tabs on Leeds United winger Raphinha ahead of the summer transfer window, Sport Italia’s Gianluigi Longari reports.
Leeds are currently languishing above the Premier League drop zone, but Raphinha has still impressed with nine goals and three assists from 27 appearances.
Barcelona and Chelsea have been keeping tabs on his situation lately, but it appears the Red Devils are also monitoring him with a view to a possible summer move.
United signed Jadon Sancho from Borussia Dortmund for €85 million last summer, and it was anticipated that he would provide the much-needed creativity from the right wing.
However, the England star has barely impressed from the position. Since the winter break, he has been in sparkling form from the opposite flank with regular goal contributions.
Hence, the Red Devils could pursue another wide player this summer, considering Marcus Rashford and Anthony Martial (out on loan) have not been suited for the position either.
Mason Greenwood remains suspended indefinitely, and may have played his final game for the club. Anthony Elanga has shown promise, but United may eye an experienced option.
Raphinha would be a quality addition, having proved his credentials in England for two straight seasons. He is a specialist for the role, and should only better with more creative players around him.
The Brazil international could be available for just €25m should the Yorkshire outfit suffer relegation. Otherwise, his minimum release clause reportedly stands at around €75m.
If Leeds beat the drop, they could accept a fee in between with his contract expiring in June 2024. United will need to step up their pursuit to boost their prospects of luring him.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- ‘He makes my game easier’ – Bruno Fernandes full of praise for Eriksen
- Diogo Dalot hoping for a new Man United contract with Europe’s elite clubs eyeing up transfer
- Manchester United midfielder gives verdict on Ronaldo’s performance after Portugal’s 1-0 defeat
- Ben Foster advises Jude Bellingham to join Manchester United
- Manchester United: Shaw and Ferdinand back Maguire after England horror show
- Cody Gakpo’s form could reignite interest from Manchester United in January
- Tyrell Malacia stars against Belgium to cement Manchester United place ahead of Shaw
- Michael Carrick praises Manchester United’s summer signing Christian Eriksen
- Manchester United should move on from Cristiano Ronaldo in January
- Manchester United should be half-owned by ‘real fans’, says Eric Cantona