Manchester United have joined a three-way battle with Chelsea and Liverpool to sign Borussia Dortmund sensation Youssoufa Moukoko, according to The Times.
The 18-year-old has been a regular striker for the Bundesliga giants this season, registering six goals and six assists from 22 appearances across all competitions.
His form has caught the eye of top Premier League teams and they could attempt to sign him for a knockdown fee in January with his contract expiring at the end of June.
Meanwhile, Dortmund are preparing a £6 million per year contract offer to convince Moukoko to stay. As per The Times, the youngster does not want to leave the club to sit on the bench elsewhere.
Man Utd must lure Moukoko ahead of rivals in January
The €30 million-rated star has had a terrific breakthrough season at Dortmund after the departure of Erling Braut Haaland, who was an undisputed starter up front.
Moukoko has impressed with his finishing, ability to make key passes as well as his defensive work rate. The youngster has the potential to become a world-class player.
Hence, there are no surprises that United are one of the clubs interested in signing him. Moukoko could be convinced to join them if he is guaranteed with regular game time.
The youngster may not start every game for the Red Devils, but the assurance of playing regularly in rotation could persuade him to move to Old Trafford this winter.
United are capable of offering the best salary package to the player, but before that, they need to convince Dortmund, who may hold out for the highest transfer bid.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Manchester United want Torino right-back Raoul Bellanova to replace Aaron Wan-Bissaka in the summer
- Wayne Rooney says senior Man Utd players need to get Marcus Rashford fired up
- Amad Diallo reacts to Sofyan Amrabat’s performance as Manchester United book spot in FA Cup quarter-finals
- Alan Shearer reacts to Antony’s performance vs Nottingham Forest
- Diogo Dalot impresses for Man Utd in FA Cup win at Nottingham Forest
- Man United player ratings vs Nottingham Forest: Casemiro keeps silverware hopes alive for the Red Devils
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Nottingham Forest, Antony starts
- Former Manchester United ace John O’Shea assumes interim charge of Ireland
- Manchester United are keen on signing Ajax goalkeeper Diant Ramaj
- Man Utd are possible destination for Atalanta star Giorgio Scalvini