Manchester United have joined Arsenal and Chelsea in the race to sign Barcelona forward Memphis Depay this summer, Spanish publication Sport claim.
The club may want a low-cost replacement for the Portuguese this winter and Sport claim that United are assessing Depay’s situation ahead of a possible move.
The 28-year-old has had an injury-plagued campaign at Barcelona, but has recovered in time for the World Cup. He may have played his final game for the club.
United alongside Arsenal and Chelsea have been informed by Depay’s representatives that he would be free to leave the Catalan giants at the turn of the year.
Depay would be a quality acquisition for Man Utd
Earlier today, we covered an opinion on Depay’s possible move to Old Trafford. Sport has now reported that the club are weighing up a January approach.
The Dutchman’s current deal at Camp Nou expires in June 2023 and any interested club could sign him for a knockdown price. He could be available for just £5 million.
In our view, Depay would be a quality acquisition for the Red Devils as he can provide good competition in both the left wing and centre-forward positions.
The £175,000-a-week star has been troubled by injuries this year but when fit and firing, Depay can be a very useful attacking option for manager Ten Hag.
The former United man has a goal involvement in every 164 minutes in his Barcelona career. That’s quite impressive, considering he has been in-and-out of the line-up.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com and Capology.com
- Man Utd have excellent chance to sign West Ham star Declan Rice next summer
- Why Man Utd star should replace Spurs defender in Argentina starting XI
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer ready for return after re-watching his 168 games in charge of Man Utd
- Chelsea attacker Christian Pulisic is destined for Man Utd move
- Liverpool join Man Utd in race to sign Cody Gakpo in January
- Man Utd sale could be completed before end of season
- Real Madrid linked with shock move for Man Utd star Bruno Fernandes
- Man Utd star Raphael Varane leads France in dramatic game against Tunisia at the World Cup
- ‘I think he’s turned it around’ – Paul Scholes names Marcus Rashford as stand out player so far at Manchester United
- ‘It’s quite an easy question’ – Former Manchester United midfielder names Casemiro as his ideal partner