Manchester United are one of the clubs interested in signing Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg during the January transfer window, according to Corriere dello Sport.
The Red Devils bolstered their midfield with the signings of Mason Mount and Sofyan Amrabat (on loan) last summer, but they could reinforce the department further in the New Year.
Corriere dello Sport claim that Hojbjerg is prepared to consider a new challenge away from Spurs. Juventus are exploring a loan move for him, but their plans could be scuppered.
The Bianconeri could miss out on the Denmark international to clubs, who may pursue a permanent deal. United and Atletico Madrid are mentioned as candidates to sign the midfielder.
Spurs also prefer the permanent exit of Hojbjerg, who is valued at €30 million.
Man Utd could sign Hojbjerg as McTominay replacement
McTominay was linked with a move to Fulham before the transfer deadline this month, but a deal did not materialise. However, the Cottagers have not given up on landing him.
They are likely to make a renewed approach for the Scotland international in January with Bayern Munich still determined to sign Joao Palhinha following their summer setback.
If McTominay were to head for the exit door, manager Erik ten Hag may want another defensive midfielder in the squad. We won’t be surprised if Hojbjerg is considered to fill the void.
The 28-year-old would be an upgrade on McTominay in many departments. He is a much better distributor of the ball and also likes to engage in tackles frequently.
The Dane also has the ability to make goal contributions which McTominay has lacked at club level. With his vast league experience, he would be a quality signing for United.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action
- Picture: Man Utd defender returns to training but Lindelof out & Rashford doubtful
- Rising from the ashes – Manchester United’s spectacular November revival
- ‘An incredible, good player’: Erik ten Hag on Marcus Rashford ahead of Bournemouth game
- Borussia Dortmund want €30 million or Jadon Sancho as Manchester United eye Donyell Malen, talks scheduled for today
- Erik ten Hag turns down Manchester United players’ request for more days off after complaints over workload and scheduling