Manchester United could compete with Chelsea and Bayern Munich to sign Juventus striker Dusan Vlahovic this summer, according to Corriere dello Sport (page 13).
The Red Devils are expected to land a marquee striker during the upcoming transfer window. Harry Kane is the priority target but Tottenham Hotspur are reluctant to negotiate with a direct Premier League rival.
This could urge United to look at alternative options and Corriere dello Sport claim that they are one of the clubs interested in signing Vlahovic from the Bianconeri.
The Turin giants were recently docked 10 points in Serie A for false accounting. As a result, they have missed out on qualifying for next season’s Champions League.
The Bianconeri are expected to offload players to recoup potential losses and it is reported that they ‘ask €80-90 million’ to part ways with the former Fiorentina star.
Vlahovic could make switch to Old Trafford
The Serbia international scored a stunning 33 goals in the Italian top-flight in 2021. This paved the way for his move to Turin from Fiorentina for €81.6 million.
Vlahovic has since struggled to replicate the showing. In his 63 appearances in all competitions for Juventus, he has registered only 23 goals and six assists.
His statistics are more than decent with a goal contribution in every two games but a lot more is expected from a player who was compared to Erling Haaland not so long ago.
In our opinion, Vlahovic could prosper with a change in surroundings. The 23-year-old has not looked comfortable with Juventus’ tactical set-up under Massimiliano Allegri.
A new challenge away from Turin could bring the best out of him. We believe United’s playing style could work in his favour. Positioning and finishing are Vlahovic’s strengths.
The Red Devils have squandered several big scoring chances in the box this term. A player of Vlahovic’s calibre could capitalise and convert those opportunities into goals.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Man Utd suffer big blow with Lisandro Martinez requiring fresh metatarsal surgery
- Man Utd interested in Bayern Munich centre-back Matthijs de Ligt
- Alejandro Garnacho should start against Galatasaray in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag speaks on Marcus Rashford’s form after Crystal Palace loss
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return
- Erik ten Hag reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s breakthrough at Man Utd
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund returns