Manchester United are open to signing Chelsea forward Christian Pulisic on loan during the January transfer window, according to ESPN.
The United States international was linked with a temporary move to Old Trafford last summer, but a deal failed to materialise between the clubs.
However, United could get another chance to sign him on loan in January. His representatives have informed the club over his likely availability.
Newcastle United and Arsenal have also been credited with an interest in the £150,000-a-week star.
Chelsea may resist loaning out Pulisic to Man Utd
Pulisic was a target for United during his Borussia Dortmund days, but he decided to join Chelsea.
He had a good debut season with 11 goals and 10 assists in all competitions, but has since struggled to replicate the feat due to competition for places and injuries.
United are now attracted to signing him as Cristiano Ronaldo’s replacement. The club are eyeing a proven forward on loan in the January transfer window.
Pulisic would be a good addition to the United squad with his ability to play anywhere in attack. The big question is whether Chelsea will loan him to them.
United are currently the Blues’ main rivals for Champions League football and they would not want to strengthen them for their top-four league push.
The same goes for Newcastle and Arsenal. If Pulisic were to leave on loan in January, it could be to a foreign club who would not impact the Blues.
Meanwhile, United seem unlikely to sign either Cody Gakpo or Rafael Leao this winter based on suggestions that the club prefer a loan acquisition.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com and Capology.com
- Erik ten Hag says Antony is ‘unlikely’ to be available for FA Cup final vs Man City
- Man Utd in front row to sign Rasmus Hojlund, contacts have intensified with Atalanta
- Man Utd ‘at the head’ of the race to sign Porto goalkeeper Diogo Costa
- Man Utd could offer Harry Maguire in player-plus-cash deal to sign Mason Mount
- Man Utd could offer Scott McTominay as a makeweight to sign Declan Rice
- Man Utd could make surprise move for Empoli goalkeeper Guglielmo Vicario
- Kim Min-jae has his window wide open on Man Utd, will cost €58m
- Manuel Ugarte excited by Manchester United interest amid Chelsea and PSG links
- Victor Osimhen’s agent has received calls from Man Utd but Napoli firm on price tag
- Manchester United in talks to sign Atalanta’s Rasmus Hojlund and Eintracht Frankfurt’s Randal Kolo Muani