Manchester United have asked for €12 million (£10.4m) for midfielder Fred following a fresh bid from Galatasaray, according to Fanatik.
The Brazil international has been deemed surplus to requirements, and he is expected to leave the Red Devils in the next few weeks.
United initially set a price tag of £20m for his services, but it appears they have now lowered their valuation.
Fanatik report that Galatasaray recently increased their proposal for the 30-year-old from €6m to €8m (£5.2m to £6.92m).
However, their offer has been snubbed by the Red Devils. The club continue to insist on their £10.4m asking price for Fred.
The midfielder has entered the final year of his United contract.
United ready to accept significant loss on Fred
Fred joined United from Shakhtar Donetsk for £52m in the summer of 2018, but he has not lived up to the high expectations.
The Brazilian has produced stand-out performances for the club but between those, there have been several underwhelming displays.
This has been the highlight of his United career. His work rate has always been impressive, but his distribution has been under-par.
Manager Erik ten Hag wants midfielders, who are comfortable with the ball at their feet, and Fred does not fall into that category for him.
United will be hoping to sanction his exit at the earliest possibility. He may not be the only one heading for the exit door in the coming weeks.
Donny van de Beek recently admitted that his future could lie away from United. He was an unused substitute in the friendly win over Arsenal.
Meanwhile, United are keeping tabs on Fiorentina midfielder Sofyan Amrabat, and could attempt to sign him once they secure a deal for Atalanta striker Rasmus Hojlund.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Erik ten Hag must pair Sofyan Amrabat with Kobbie Mainoo in midfield vs Bayern
- ‘3-0 looks like a good result’: Gary Neville reacts after Man Utd’s loss to Bournemouth
- Manchester United eyeing RB Leipzig forward Lois Openda ahead of January transfer window
- Erik ten Hag must start Raphael Varane in must-win UCL game vs Bayern
- Manchester United monitoring Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of potential move, Erik ten Hag a huge fan
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action