Manchester United are in the race to sign Atletico Madrid attacker Joao Felix this summer, according to Portuguese publication O Jogo (page 25).
The Red Devils were interested in signing Felix on loan during the January transfer window, but they were put off by the hefty demands of Atletico.
Felix recently admitted his dream of playing for Barcelona, but O Jogo claim that the Catalan giants have other priorities to attack before the season starts.
Blaugrana manager Xavi Hernandez is an admirer of Manchester City’s Bernardo Silva, and the Spanish outfit ‘don’t seem willing to go crazy’ for Felix.
United are also in the race to sign the 23-year-old, but the report does not specify anything else.
Man Utd link with Felix could be agent-driven
United have already signed midfielder Mason Mount and goalkeeper Andre Onana to bolster two key positions ahead of the forthcoming campaign.
Felix has been a long-term target for United, but we don’t see a deal happening this summer.
The £242,000-a-week star struggled during his expensive loan spell at Chelsea. The Blues spent £15 million on him, but he netted just four goals from 20 appearances.
Atletico prefer to send Felix on a season-long loan this summer, but the Spanish outfit could easily demand £25-30m to sanction his temporary exit.
In our view, United are unlikely to spend that much on a loan deal with the limited budget.
The speculation is probably agent-driven to attract more suitors for Felix. Jorge Mendes has the tendency to convey his thoughts through different publications.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com & Capology.com
- Erik ten Hag must pair Sofyan Amrabat with Kobbie Mainoo in midfield vs Bayern
- ‘3-0 looks like a good result’: Gary Neville reacts after Man Utd’s loss to Bournemouth
- Manchester United eyeing RB Leipzig forward Lois Openda ahead of January transfer window
- Erik ten Hag must start Raphael Varane in must-win UCL game vs Bayern
- Manchester United monitoring Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of potential move, Erik ten Hag a huge fan
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action