Manchester United are interested in signing Inter Milan defender Federico Dimarco, according to Calciomercato.it.
The Red Devils currently have Luke Shaw, Tyrell Malacia and Sergio Reguilon (on loan) as their left-back choices in the first-team squad.
Despite this, the club continue to be linked with Dimarco. Calciomercato.it claim that the Italian could be the right profile for Erik ten Hag’s side.
The 25-year-old’s current deal with Inter expires in June 2026, but talks are currently ongoing to hand him a new contract to double his wages.
This may not necessarily end speculation of him leaving the club and it is reported that Inter won’t accept less than €50 million for a future sale.
United unlikely to pursue another left-back
The club have had a tough start to the season with both Shaw and Malacia picking up long-term injuries.
Reguilon also suffered a hamstring injury before the international break, but he is anticipated to return for the upcoming trip to Sheffield United.
United are currently facing a crisis with the lack of depth in the left-back spot, but Shaw and Malacia are expected to be fit before the New Year.
In our view, it is highly unlikely that the club will contemplate the purchase of Dimarco despite his impressive attacking contributions for Inter.
There is a higher possibility that United will consider a permanent deal for Reguilon, who has had a good loan spell from Tottenham Hotspur.
The Spaniard has caught the eye with his tireless workrate and consistent performances and he could be available for a lesser fee than Dimarco.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- ‘If you are good enough, you are old enough’: Erik ten Hag says Kobbie Mainoo is ready to face Galatasaray
- Valencia and Real Sociedad eyeing potential summer move for Manchester United forward Mason Greenwood
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause
- Preview: Galatasaray vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Sofyan Amrabat’s future at United no longer obvious with Kobbie Mainoo’s emergence
- Man United interested in Leipzig striker Timo Werner
- Stats show Harry Maguire has fared better than Arsenal star William Saliba in defensive actions