Manchester United are the front-runners to sign Monaco star Axel Disasi during the summer transfer window, according to RMC Sport.
The Red Devils are likely to invest on a new central defender this summer. Napoli’s Kim Min-jae was initially the prime target, but Bayern are now in pole position to sign him.
It is now reported that United are ‘in the lead’ to pursue a deal for Disasi, who is attracting plenty of interest from the Premier League.
United boss Erik ten Hag holds the 25-year-old in ‘high esteem’, and he should soon ‘make contact’ with the former Reims centre-back.
Aside from the Red Devils, Arsenal and Chelsea are also mentioned as admirers of the Frenchman, who could be available for €40 million.
Disasi is Man Utd’s alternative after Min-jae blow
Earlier this month, Fabrizio Romano revealed that Disasi could be considered by the Red Devils in case they are unable to pursue a deal for Min-jae.
That is becoming a reality now with the latter in advanced negotiations with Bayern. He has almost reached a verbal agreement with them.
Similar to Min-jae, Disasi is a central defender with a strong aerial presence. The Frenchman also has the tendency to clear his lines regularly.
Disasi does not come close to Min-jae in terms of overall passing accuracy, but makes up for it with his ability to make good progressive runs.
Ajax’s Jurrien Timber is probably more suited than Disasi for United, but Ten Hag could be eyeing a more dominant presence in the air next term.
Timber has similar defensive attributes as Min-jae, but has a slight weakness in handling aerial challenges.
- ‘If you are good enough, you are old enough’: Erik ten Hag says Kobbie Mainoo is ready to face Galatasaray
- Valencia and Real Sociedad eyeing potential summer move for Manchester United forward Mason Greenwood
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause
- Preview: Galatasaray vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Sofyan Amrabat’s future at United no longer obvious with Kobbie Mainoo’s emergence
- Man United interested in Leipzig striker Timo Werner
- Stats show Harry Maguire has fared better than Arsenal star William Saliba in defensive actions