Manchester United are in the front row to sign Fiorentina midfielder Sofyan Amrabat this summer, according to La Repubblica (print edition).
The Red Devils have already made three signings in Mason Mount, Andre Onana and Rasmus Hojlund this summer. Amrabat could be the next player to join the club.
The midfielder was recently left out of the Sela Cup by Fiorentina due to a minor foot problem, and La Repubblica claim that the Moroccan is getting closer to an exit.
United are yet to make a formal proposal on the table, but they are still ‘in the front row’ to sign the 26-year-old, having already agreed personal terms with him.
It is known that Fiorentina want €30 million for their prized asset, but they could sanction his departure for an initial fee of €25m plus bonuses in the coming days.
United could focus on Amrabat after Rasmus Hojlund’s arrival
United have generally negotiated one deal at a time. They initially focused on purchasing Mount from Chelsea before opening talks with Inter Milan for Onana.
As soon as they secured his signature, the Red Devils stepped up discussions with Atalanta for Hojlund. The Dane was presented to the fans at Old Trafford today.
Amrabat is the next player on their radar. The ‘extraordinary‘ star is determined to make the switch, but United could delay his arrival until they offload a couple of midfielders.
Van de Beek could be the next player to head for the exit door. We would personally prefer to keep McTominay at the club unless there is a significant transfer offer.
Amrabat should be a top quality signing for United. The Utrecht graduate can play in multiple roles, but he is most comfortable operating from the number six position.
His arrival should provide strong competition for Casemiro. Amrabat is better than the Brazilian when it comes to passing accuracy and ability to control possession.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Erik ten Hag must pair Sofyan Amrabat with Kobbie Mainoo in midfield vs Bayern
- ‘3-0 looks like a good result’: Gary Neville reacts after Man Utd’s loss to Bournemouth
- Manchester United eyeing RB Leipzig forward Lois Openda ahead of January transfer window
- Erik ten Hag must start Raphael Varane in must-win UCL game vs Bayern
- Manchester United monitoring Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of potential move, Erik ten Hag a huge fan
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action