Manchester United aren’t struggling in the final third after scoring two or more goals in 21 of their last 24 games across the board, but Erik ten Hag hasn’t got much output from his centre-forwards.
As a result, the Red Devils have been linked with several strikers, but Calciomercato.it say Dusan Vlahovic may be high on their list of transfer targets.
Anthony Martial is United’s fourth-highest scorer in the Premier League (3) despite making just nine appearances this season, but he’s missed months of the campaign due to injury.
Cristiano Ronaldo had netted just once in the topflight before having his contract terminated, so he wasn’t providing much value to United either.
And with Wout Weghorst failing to score in seven league games since joining on loan in January, it’s little wonder Ten Hag is ‘in the front row’ to sign the Serbian striker this summer.
Vlahovic joined Juventus from Fiorentina in 2022 and has made 46 appearances in all competitions, bagging 19 goals and six assists.
The 23-year-old has netted eight goals from 16 Serie A games this season but has failed to score in six of his last seven league outings and his future in Turin could be uncertain.
Vlahovic has spent three months out with injury, and he’s only netted twice in Serie A since October.
Juventus spent €81 million (£71.7m) on the 23-year-old, and would likely want most of that money back if they agree to a sale.
Vlahovic has three-and-a-half years remaining on his deal, so the Old Lady aren’t obligated to cash in early for less.
Calciomercato say Bayern Munich are also showing an interest in the Serbian, so United have competition to secure his signature.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Erik ten Hag has given go-ahead to sign Goncalo Ramos from Benfica
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag ‘concerned’ about Newcastle time-wasting
- Man Utd ‘first on the list’ for Ansu Fati, Jorge Mendes working on summer deal
- Erik ten Hag confirms double Man Utd injury boost ahead of Newcastle clash
- Man Utd defender Luke Shaw agrees fresh four-year contract
- Sheikh Jassim believes new Owners’ and Directors’ Test will not affect his Man United takeover
- Erik ten Hag to make decision on futures of Scott McTominay and Victor Lindelof
- Manchester United’s debt rises to almost £1 billion
- Erik ten Hag wants Andre Onana to provide competition to David de Gea next season
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups