Manchester United headed into the summer transfer window expecting to make a number of signings and so far Jose Mourinho has brought in three new faces.
Brazilian central midfielder Fred arrived from Shakhtar Donetsk, young full-back Diogo Dalot and experienced goalkeeper Lee Grant have all joined this summer.
We have also been linked to a number of big name players, including Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale, Tottenham’s Toby Alderweireld and Lazio’s Sergej Milinkovic-Savic.
Another name that has been linked with us for some time is Internazionale forward Ivan Perisic. The 29-year-old is currently in Russia with the Croatia national team where he scored the equaliser in their 2-1 win over England in the semi-finals on Wednesday.
Perisic is a very intelligent forward who pops up with several goals per season. He predominately plays out on the left wing but is also capable of playing in the number 10 role and on the right.
Now, according to respected Twitter account Euro United, we are reportedly in advanced negotiations with the Croatian star over a possible transfer move.
They posted: “Advanced negotiations between Perisic and Manchester United. Jose Mourinho loves the Inter player a lot. Zahavi and Ramadani will move soon to advance on the transfer.”
Négociations avancées entre Perisic et Manchester United. José Mourinho aime énormément le joueur de l’Inter. Zahavi et Ramadani vont se déplacer prochainement pour avancer sur le transfert. pic.twitter.com/JjizgXtIsd
— Soccer Link (@SoccerLink_) July 13, 2018
With Anthony Martial widely-expected to leave Manchester United this summer it’s not unrealistic that we do sign another wide player to add to the team. On top of that, Jose Mourinho didn’t settle on a right winger last season, with Juan Mata, Marcus Rashford and Jesse Lingard all spending time out there last season.
Ivan Perisic was linked with a move to us last summer too, but TeamTalk claim that we refused to match Inter’s €50 million (£44m) asking price.
We shall have to wait and see if anything develops over these reported talks as Ivan Perisic would be an excellent addition to our side if Jose Mourinho and the United hierarchy were able to seal a deal for the 2018 World Cup finalist.
- Man Utd set to appoint Chris Armas as first-team coach under Ralf Rangnick
- Tactical Analysis: Hugely encouraging signs in Ralf Rangnick’s debut against Crystal Palace
- Man Utd fans delighted with Fred’s stand-out display against Crystal Palace
- Ralf Rangnick heaps praise on Fred and Scott McTominay after Crystal Palace win
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace
- Who will Rangnick target in the transfer window?
- Man Utd fans react to Fred’s performance vs Arsenal
- Michael Carrick leaves Manchester United in wake of Arsenal win
- Manchester United vs Arsenal 3-2: Cristiano Ronaldo saves the day again
- Michael Carrick provides fresh injury update on Raphael Varane